Meet Your Hopkinton Orthodontist
Dr. Elizabeth Blake has wanted to be an orthodontist for as long as she can remember. Having braces as a child played was influential in her goals and today, she’s happy to share that love for orthodontics with the community.
If you ask Dr. Blake, orthodontics is the perfect blend of art and science. As an orthodontist, she enjoys the opportunity to transform smiles and change her patients’ lives!
Dr. Chris Peluso has always wanted to be an orthodontist. Growing up seeing his father practice orthodontics inspired him to dedicate his own life to creating smiles. Today, he works alongside his wife to do just that!
Dr. Chris loves the art and science of orthodontics. The combination of physics and biology with an artistic touch results in beautifully sculpted smiles.
Nothing makes Dr. Chris happier than seeing a patient’s face when they see their new smile for the first time!
Why an Orthodontist in Hopkinton?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As orthodontists, they have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Hopkinton Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Hopkinton orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Hopkinton orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Elizabeth Blake Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Hopkinton area.